Why the omega 8 has me so transfixed.

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 24 19:23:12 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Jay Vaughan <ibisum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bah. It is only so if you make it so.

No, its you who make its so.  Every discussion I try to get started on
hear about non-diy gear you jump on.  If i ask for ideas or advice the
DIY mantra rears its head again.  You really think if you keep
repeating it over and over and over again I will suddenly go "SHIT MAN
YOUR RIGHT!! I AM GOING TO START TAKING ALL THE TIME I SPEND MAKING
TUNES AN DEVOTE IT TO FUTZING AROUND WITH AN OSCILLASCOPE!".  Aint
gonna happen.

You also try to frequently imply that I dont actually use what I have.
 I do use the stuff.  In fact, ive been on kinda a bender lately
finally zeroing in on the sound that I want to produce and producing a
series of tracks (6 so far) which I intend to release.

I have no interest in producing my own gear (well, maybe a sequencer,
but thats a separate thread).  For people who want to and enjoy that -
fine.  great for them.  Its how they decide to spend their time, and I
have no problem with that at all.  I choose to spend my time playing
creating sounds, creating tunes, and feeling the joy of playing a well
crafted instrument made by someone else.

Since you worked at access you seem to have developed a hostility to
the entire synth industry, and I can understand that.  You also seem
to have a hostility toward anyone who would dare buy one of their
products, and that I dont understand.  If you want to be bitter thats
your choice, but I am frankly tired of it.

So thats it then. I am just done.

Maybe one more thing.   Instead of music bar, how about the
"FuckAccess-iPodUberAlles-DIYForever-bar" as a name change?  It would
be more appropriate.