Some Pictures

Bill Fox EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 24 03:54:13 CEST 2008

Gert van Santen wrote:
> Michael Zacherl schreef:
>> doh! It really doesn't appear like an rainy area ... is that typical?
>>> and 4:30 am Paris).
>> anyone watched it? I was way too tired to stay up all night.
> Nope. I tried, but went to bed because I was too tired. I read it
> was audio only, btw.
I'm hoping that audio will be put up on the website.  The stream was
audio only.

September is actually the rainy season in that part of the desert.  The
clouds roll in fast, dump a bunch of water, and roll out just as
quickly.  Everything dries out quickly due to the low humidity.  (After
all, it IS a desert!)  This was the only rain we had all week although
we saw rain miles away once or twice.  The desert is very green this
time of year.  It's still very brown but there's green everywhere.  The
prickly pears are ripe and tasty, too.

Cheers,

Bill