BBC NEWS | Technology | Google's Android mobile unveiled

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 24 00:12:43 CEST 2008

Tony Scharf schreef:

> I don't really agree.  One thing I don't like is the way apple is
> picking and choosing which apps get published, and there is no way of
> knowing if apple will accept your app till you have already put effort
> and money into it.  It seems the only emerging rule is don't do
> anything apple is already doing, even if they aren't doing it too
> well.  They won't accept the competition.

Fair enough, but the consumer doesn't, like, give a damn. :)

> Apple will always have the fanboys.   Your one of them, which colors
> your opinions.  Objectively, I think google has a chance at getting a
> bigger piece of the pie, simply because they won't have a 'one size
> fits all' mentality like apple.

I have my reservations about Google as well. Google is fast becoming a
new Microsoft, and whilst they blow the open source trumpet, strangely
enough that doesn't include their search technology.

I also think they may be underestimating the mobile market, or
misunderstanding it. Whilst the GMail application on my E61i is nice,
it's quirky to work with, and once you've seen an e-mail on your mobile,
you can't download it on your PC.

- Peter