Why the omega 8 has me so transfixed.

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 23 22:37:48 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Jay Vaughan <ibisum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cost saving is absolutely a reason to diy!! Stop kidding yourself, the
> only reason not to diy is that you just don't want to, and would
> rather someone else did all the work for you.

thats just a load of horse shit and you know it.

When I pay for a synth, I am not just paying for the parts.   I am
also paying for the time and knowledge that went into building it.  As
soon as I can go out and get that at the corner store and
automagically implant it in my brain ill be right there doing it!   Oh
wait, I CAN buy the time and knowledge by purchasing a synth that does
what I want and was built by someone who has been working on synths
for longer than I have been playing them.

Not everyone was born with a soldering iron in their hand.

Tony