Books,

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 22 15:34:16 CEST 2008

Marc,

> Yeah, between Neuromancer and Ghost in the shell, you tend to wonder how
> much originality is left is the movie..

I've yet to read/see Ghost in the shell.

> It actually seems Johnny mnemonic was written after, based on the
> character that appeared in Neuromancer first.

spooky.
Yes in one chapter Molly mentions a friend named Johnny who used to
hide secrets in his head, which I took to be a reference to the Johnny
Mnemonic book that must have come earlier. I guess he already had the
idea in his head (pun?).

A lot of the Philip K Dick books have turned into films, Blade runner
being the most famous, though the book is nothing like the film.
http://www.philipkdick.com/films_intro.html

I've seen Blade Runner, Screamers, Total Recall, Imposter and Minority
Report, I've yet to see the others. Of those, Screamers was the
closest to the book, aside from the 'hollywood' ending.

Paul