Back When Synths Were Beautiful

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 22 15:11:00 CEST 2008

Paul Maddox wrote:
>>  It's like 95, 97% done, and people have expressed a
>> willingness to pay for those last few bugs to be squashed.

Just to skip back..
Almost every complicated (beyond a toaster, kettle or dishwasher) piece
of equipment I have owned has either had operational bugs, failed and
I've managed to repair myself for pennies rather than employ an
electrician/plumber or return to manu, or it actually has design
failings or cheap parts that just do not last, either mechanical or
electrical. Some shit is (unarguably) built to self destruct within a
very short time frame.

Of course, none of the software/firmware bugs will ever be fixed now.

The questions are simply these:

If the creating companies will not fix bugs, where does that leave us?
Are we to endlessly upgrade in the hope that the next models will fix
the old bugs?

Experience teaches that new is very seldom better than old.

(The same applies to the humans, heh, to a point, hopefully before all
the hair falls out)

:)