iDrum phans?

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 19 16:27:59 CEST 2008

Do you have some converted monowave slices handy ? I wouldn't mind not to
have to redo it :)

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org]On Behalf Of Jay Vaughan
Sent: vendredi 19 septembre 2008 12:24
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: iDrum phans?

> Nice one, hook me up with the result. I'll probably give a few stabs
> at the
> arduinoP, although I got a bit of flu comin over and my mind is far
> from
> clear.

well marius and i may do a serious days worth of hacking on the
arduinoP on sunday @ metalab, so hopefully you'll have gotten over it
by then .. i'll be up on twitter (ibisum) and jabber (torpor) too so
if you wanna check in with us, do so .. would be good to have a bit of
a hackathon with you on it and hopefully we'll have an easy-to-use
project for you to take on from us and sync up ..

> I've browsed the code and it's rather obvious, so no problem on that
> level. I'll just need to import one by one the pig's voice element.
> I just
> don't know if I should stick to my fixed point arithmetic for
> consistency or
> just go for straight 16 bit hack.

straight 16 bit hack man!  one thing that you may find very useful is
to use the avr-objdump tool to check out the assembly being produced
by your code:

e.g. {at the command line}

  	avr-objdump  -d -S ./PocketPianoFM.elf

this way you can really get a better feel for the balance between
resources/speed, and this is very much needed in the AVR world ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan