Improve the battery Life of your iPhone

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 18 13:41:24 CEST 2008

The Dong schreef:
> Gert van Santen wrote:
>> And since we're on the subject: is it possible that certain gsm
>> networks drain the battery faster than others? (I find this
>> always happens to me in the UK).
>
> In the UK, every network has a superimposed spy network so the
> government can keep an eye on us all, just in case you are a kiddie
> pervert, terrorist or not Catholic enough. This, of course, puts a
> strain on your batteries because every digital signal happens twice! :)

hehehe...

>> Anyhow; now I only activate 3G/wifi when I nee to, so I don't
>> have to listen to that slurping sound of my batttery all day
>> long. ;-)
>
> eBay/China has a deluge of replacement high capacity batteries.
> eeePC has source of ~10400maH batteries for about £20. That's probably
> about 6 hours of normal use at a guess.

My eeepc now does at least 4-5 hours on the standard battery,
which I think is really quite good.

> I'd imagine the iPoop is similarly catered for, if you don't mind the
> new battery hanging out the side waving a red flag..

Got one of those. But it's black and connected through the
"normal" iPhone connector. I can charge the phone 2-3 times from
that. Cool for in the backpack!

--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n