walking hotspot

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 17 23:17:28 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan schreef:

> Man though it's really true that there is a huge ecosystem of WLAN in
> the modern world. Today my iPhone and I saw over two thousand WLAN
> ssids between me and the Donau on the way home from work.  Quite
> literally a thousand channels and only some of them 'on' ... And verry
> few of them broadcasting.  Yet.

It's something we might be doing: putting free Wi-Fi in public gardens.
Connect an external WiMAX antenna to a Wi-Fi hotspot/router kind of
thing, and Bob's your uncle. I did a little work on it today. Because
it's such a self-contained system (only power required), it's actually
rather elegant.

- Peter