Dual Mono = Stereo?

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 14 07:40:57 CEST 2008

My recent purchases of EQs and compressors and such have been mainly for
mono units due to how expensive they are. I'm saving to pair up some of
my units like the Distrssors and API 7600 but in the mean time I've been
tracking in mono. Fine for drums and some mono synths but I find I've
been needing that second channel more and more. I've thought about
tracking one channel at a time but how much of an impact will this have
on the stereo image and how accurate would this be? Is tracking/mixing
one channel at time then panning them left and right equivalent to
tracking/mixing in true stereo?

Larry