Novation Nocturn

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 13 12:36:59 CEST 2008

> Sounds impressive. Anyone been using this or the Remote Zero SL?

I have been using the Remote SL a bit coz we have one at work. It's a great
controller as far as controller goes. It's pretty well designed and it's got
a very support for the various midi type (on of the rare to support hi
resolution controllers, endless rotaries, some sysex, incremental CC, etc).
However, it sports the same problem as the other controllers (poor
resolution for faders, no possibility of feedback if the values are changed
in the puter) and the automap, whilst great in theory, seems unreliable. I
had it assigned to an EQ for a test in live and without telling me it
changed the master volume too. Maybe they fixed it but I wouldn't trust it.

So I'd say don't take it. Unless you need a "preformance" physical unit to
put in your records. Even with poor resolution controllers are still a lot
cooler than spending hours on an automation curve with the mouse.

Hope this helps
Marc