I LOVE DSI.

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 12 16:27:00 CEST 2008

For some reason the news is gone.

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org]On Behalf Of Tony Scharf
Sent: vendredi 12 septembre 2008 16:21
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: I LOVE DSI.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Andy Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2008, at 9:39 AM, M-.-n wrote:
>
> I think it's a hoax. Something about the picture and name is wrong. I
don't
> see Dave call an instrument MoPho. He's not from that generation.
>

> what about little phatty?
> The name is actually rather clever MONOPHONIC SYNTHESIZER
> At least it's ugly enough to give it's name justice. When people design
> cheap products do they make them ugly on purpose, or was there just a sale
> on yellow paint?

its all about being 'eye catching'.  These days, ugly is eye catching.

Also, dave has been working with Roger Linn on a lot of this stuff,
and this kinda reminds me of the yellow Adrenalinn a bit.

I have a feeling this is real. The timing is about right, though Ill
admit the name feels a little off.  With his recent bent toward
recycling old names, you might think this would get a name like 'Pro
01' or 'Pro 108' or something like that.

If it is real..its mine.  if not..oh well.

Tony