The Goldseeker

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 10 18:27:37 CEST 2008

> Yep - animation has come a *long* way. Yet, you still have to do a lot
> of manual modelling and tweaking. So while rendering this could be
> almost instantaneous, you'd still spend quite a bit more than just a
> weekend to build, texture and animate these models...

one of the nicest things i think i've ever heard any hacker say is
that no matter how fast the computer runs, you'll always have
something else to do while it does stuff for you.  its nice how
animators just sit there and really, really, tweak.  they can afford
to because underneath it all their pipeline system is running as fast
as possible, and its usually -always- doing something.

i wish i could find some of my old electrogig 3d files.  for a fair
swath of the early 90's, 3dgig had my love and i was doing very fun
things with it.  for me it was all about the CSG particles, ripping
stuff apart and putting it back together again.  4 indy's and then
some bmrt-linux love, i suppose would all run nicely under a VM right
now.  *sig* if only i still had my old disks to boot off.  ah well.

make backups folks!

;
--
Jay Vaughan