bit torrent client for windows?

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 9 14:33:58 CEST 2008

Ron West wrote:
> a friend is looking for a client for windows that is simple like
> transmission for os x. suggestions?

uTorrent.
Better late than never :)

I advise enabled or forced outgoing data encryption and allow legacy
incoming in the bittorrent settings.
Also download an ip block list from a reliable source and update it
regularly. Name it ipfilter.dat and dump it in the same directory as the
uTorrent executable, then enable ipfilter in advanced preferences. The
logger window should show 'loaded blah, blah' if it worked.

Without these settings, poor rates are assured but I suppose it depends
on your ISP. Without the ipfilter I got reams of torrent poisonings
(bastards) that just end up slowing the whole thing to a crawl due to
bad data chunks. Don't know how bad that is now, maybe it was just in
the heyday of mediasentry...