Neat-Looking Scope Plugin

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Sep 8 22:13:41 CEST 2008

> Jay, have you met this guy?  He's a Scope dev in Wien.

yes, i have now!  we had a quick introduction at metalab this
afternoon!  he is, of course, a genius. i hope we see him again at the
metalab synth sessions in october, but the way things look he might be
a bit overwhelmed with commercial encumberances, we shall see ..

> http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=217505#p217505

i've been avidly devouring this set of basics:

http://www.math.uoc.gr/~pamfilos/eGallery/problems/Harmonic_Bundle.html

> "Saw" looks like an interesting tool {see oscilloscope snapshots}.
> "there is no waveshaper inside!
> you would not get this results with it!
> saw cuts the wave with 0 sample latency on a sync sample
> value;
> to choose the threshold and angle of cutting gives you the
> possibility to add the harmonics you like;
> this is new tech!
> at least i never heared of it before;
> with saws in the insertslots of dynomic you are able to
> build you own response curve;
> decide what harmonics you let pass and what you want to cut
> in which way;
> hint: detune dynomic bands a bit!
> no HW or SW driver is as flexible;
> if you miss 'the other feature' of your HW tube driver ->
> turn on the noise!"

its very interesting, and would you believe it i think there is a
chance for this algorithm, at least, to be relatively easily
understood by us tweakers.  of interest to me is the application to
broader music math, i.e. using the ratio of projective lines to set
parameters like beat-length/pattern-arrangements, etc.  if the order
of patterns is arranged on  CA/CB according to some scale, say perhaps
'affinity' and 'appropriateness', then i wonder how pleasant it would
be to arrange on the basis of the other orthogonals..

;
--
Jay Vaughan