Motu - another quickie

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Sep 4 16:15:27 CEST 2008

One of the best deals going for the MOTU stuff used right now is the 24i.
24 analog ins at 24 bit going for chump change.  If you ever find yourself
needed more inputs on the analog side, it’s a steal.

James R. Coplin

From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of punkdISCO
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:02 AM
To: 'Music-bar'
Subject: RE: Motu - another quickie

Yay!!  Just ordered a PCIe-424 card and off to collect a 2408Mk2 this
evening.

I think this setup is incredibly inexpensive.  £400 has got me 24 channels
of 24bit i/o plus, with the ability to upgrade to 96 channels.  Expanding
costs peanuts providing you don’t need the latest hardware versions.  All
(most) of the strain is taken care of in dedicated DSP.  Its all a single
technology so only one set of problem solving.

The PCI card will arrive tomorrow.  There was no questions about upgrades
etc.   Maybe the ‘can only upgrade’ rules were back in the day when the 424
was new (~2003) and they have now given up..?

Huge thanks to all those that provided their experience and advice..

Yay!

PS: selling my mixer so now need to buy a mic-pre!

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk

Banned by YouTube video:  <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"