Chilies

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 3 14:12:01 CEST 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 13:57 , Ron West wrote:

>> Can't wait until these get ripe :) last time it took until October.
>
> they look like Tobasco. are they?

I dunno really! I grew them from dried chilies I got from the
supermarket... tiny ones. I think they might be Thain Ornamental?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_pepper

The more decorative but slightly less pungent variety, sometimes known
as Thai Ornamental, has peppers that point upward on the plant, and go
from green to yellow, orange, and then red. It is the basis for the
hybrid Numex twilight, essentially the same but less pungent and
starting with purple fruit, creating a rainbow effect, and among the
group ofcapsicum annuum. These peppers can grow wild in places like
Saipan. Despite their size, these tiny peppers pack a potent punch. A
window-box can provide a perfect environment for this particular
plant; low maintenance, high yield, diabolically hot peppers that
produce for months on a single, tiny plant that never gets taller than
18".

>> Sent from my iPhone.
>
> oh joost....

I have that there so people know why I'm short in my messages sent
from it :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL