Bhut Jolokia

Ron West EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 3 13:26:44 CEST 2008

Well, they are finally ripe (they take 3-4 weeks longer than other
peppers) and they certainly live up to their reputation. There was no
way in hell I was going to eat the whole thing so I cut off a slice
about the size of my thumbnail. Given its reputation I was mainly
curious to see just how hot this thing was. I put the slice in my
mouth and chewed - good flavor but the heat wasn't intense like I
read. Then it hit me. Bad. I was thinking, "don't swallow it" but for
some reason I did. The pain when it hit the back of my throat was
intense. I started sweating and my wife said I turned white. I had
some plain yogurt ready (milk helps with pepper burn but I don't drink
milk) and that helped with the fire. I can't imagine eating a whole
pepper like I've seen people do.
Search on YouTube for Bhut Jolokia and watch the insanity. I now know
why this is called the "Ghost Pepper"!

--
Ron

"I'm schizophrenic, and so am I."