New Mix

Matt Picone EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Oct 25 05:15:29 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

Getting there-- I had to listen on lots of different systems - DAW,
living room, car, iPod, boombox, computer, PA-- to really nail what's
going on.

The main issue is that the rhythm guitars seem to have somehow lost
their power. Perhaps the amp settings were wrong and there's nothing in
my tracks but frequencies which needed to be removed for vocal conflict?
Or maybe the bass is perceptually overpowering them in its newly focused
home in the spectrum. LOTS of power there which was missing in mine
(though at the cost of it's amp-y edge, you noted.) Maybe I should send
you the un-amped tracks? Do you own Guitar Rig? If not, I could send you
my serial for version 2 and FTP you the installer. I'm on v3 now, which
came with Komplete, so I think this is technically a legal handoff.

A minor issue is the the vocals in the 2nd verse (this didn't strike me
until now) have gone too far towards the low-- the concept is that the
guitar player and bass player are supposed to be singing a duet, rather
than lead and backup, throughout the song. I believe there are some
problems INSIDE my clips that cause lots of fluctuations here. Maybe you
can adjust.

Last thing is that the AM radio effect isn't what I had in mind. I will
send you a clip-- which needs to, I think, be done on a real radio, with
the whistling and bizarre interference that happens here where stations
are so packed onto the band that they compete for reception. Kind of
stuck here and might come back for input.

Would love to get some feedback from other 'barians on this.

-m@