New Macbook without firewire , !!

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Oct 16 16:04:02 CEST 2008

Martin ,
Thank you to answer me  ...
I understand your point ... but for me (and my budjet in general) I think it
s amazing there is no firewire ... Sure with the macbook pro is faster (
wishfully) .but if i got already for instance :
an Hard disk , cameras or even sound card all working with firewire ... I
expect a macbook to get firewire to work with my devices and not add 600euro
to get firewire and  get also a faster computer by all means.

This make me think  about usb 3 ( i heard about it ), I don t know when it
will be out but then the usb2 will be quite obsolet as the usb 1.1  is now

i could be wrong somewhere but ... hmmm :-S

Well I repeat myself but i m glad that I got the old version of Macbook ...

thank you again .

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Martin Naef <mnaef at navisto.ch> wrote:

> Romain,
>
> Romain / rXg wrote:
> > Well I was checking the new macbook on apple website  , and i realized
> >  there is no firewire but 2  USB 2.0 plugs   +eternet and mini display
> > port  only ...
> > I don t know what guys  think about it  but for me it s a bit weird ...
> > I think commercially it s not really a good thing ....
>
> Commercially, I don't think it's going to be an issue, on the contrary.
> With computers getting faster and faster, there is increasingly less
> motivation to buy into the higher end. So unless they explicitely drop
> features from the lower-end models, they'd cannibalise their high-end
> (high-profit) market segment.
>
> Martin
>
> --
> http://www.navisto.ch