Dirty Little Democracy

Matt Picone EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 15 06:30:43 CEST 2008

http://www.mysticworks.com/tunes/Matt_Picone_-_Dirty_Little_Democracy.mp3

New tune. Had the idea but it was cemented and properly motivated by a
recent bar talk... I can hear the mastering EQ curve isn't right, but I
can't sort it out without harbal or better ears. Anyone?

Sonar 8, Superior Drummer 2.0, 8 instances of Guitar Rig 3, Waves SSL

Lyrics below.

DIRTY LITTLE DEMOCRACY

"The history of the present King is a history of repeated injuries and
usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an
absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be
submitted to a candid world." (Declaration of Independence, 1776)

Denial and distraction, disinformation
Deception, cover up, doublespeak
Polarization frustration
A nation entangled in the rhetoric of loyalty and fear
What's it gonna take to make us break with a big mistake?
And what's it gotta be to see a change in more than a name?
We've got ourselves to blame for it.
Dirty little democracy
It isn't quite what it ought to be
And we the people have got to see
the writing on the wall.

Dirty little democracy
we aren’t quite who we thought we’d be
With history it's hard not to see
the pride before a fall.
Jingoistic wingnuts and draft-dodging hawks
Squawking tough talk to profit from atrocity
While we chased shiny things they crowned themselves
The queens and kings
of a divided new century.
Weapons of mass deception and
swinging elections with
corporate connections
While creature-feature preachers teach intolerance.
We’ll be remembered for this…
Dirty little democracy
We got a new aristocracy
If Washington were alive to see
he'd surely be appalled.

Our Dirty little democracy
One nation under hypocrisy
It's hard to look but we've got to see
the writing on the wall
On the path of least resistance now
Citizen Subjects Bow
But it's time for us to rise and stand together
[solo]
The house is misrepresentative
The senate on sedatives
Asleep at the wheel
Making self serving deals
While we the people pay the rent
for broken government
This dirty little democracy
Have we forgotten our philosophy?
We stood for justice, equality, and liberty for all
This dirty little democracy
I guess it finally got to me
With history even I can see
The pride before