2 > 1

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 5 18:57:45 CEST 2008

Matching felines are on the to-do list. The new house is gradually
coming together, although I have a severe case of FAS (furniture
acquisition syndrome). Just bought an amazing 5 desinger Italian seat
sofa/chaise longue combo from the most expensive furniture shop in
town, when we were originally intending to get 2 cheap sofas from
ikea, thanks to a desperate salesman trying to shift units, and some
serious hard bargaining, we ended up paying £999 for a £3050 sofa and
getting the matching single chair and footstool for £200 not £1050...
Not that any same person would have paid the full price, but it still
feels good. Also increasing the burden on my credit card is a bargain
priced 46inch LCD tv, which doubles as a 1920x1080 monitor, so there
will be a place for my mac mini in the living room.

I'm now on day 29 of the '7 to 10 days' that connecting our broadband
is supposed to take an it's still not on. Suffice to say Orange are
off our Christmas card list, even with a promised 1 month free and a
promised refund of the 6 hours of calls we have made from our mobiles
to their pathetic premium rate support line goons.

Diy is going well, shed built, wooden floors in, blinds cut to size
and fitted, lino going in, and thanks to much phoning, the builders
and housing association have finally had their heads bashed together
enough to agree that they will fit a shower in the bathroom. It was in
on the plan the housing association showed to us, but not on the plan
the builders had, and each blamed the other.

Hmm, I seemed to have drifted off the topic of cats a bit, so I'll
stop for now. Pics of house and feedback on all the music you folks
have been working on will follow when/if broadband ever gets hooked up.

- Andy_R