New monitor

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 1 22:13:45 CEST 2008

Andy Tarpinian wrote:
> how does S-IPS compare to TFT/TN panels?

S-IPS panels are supposed to have better viewing angles and better
colour reproduction than TN panels which in turn have slightly better
response times and are cheaper. Remember though that the paneltype only
says half of what you can expect. The other components are also important.

There's only a few monitors using S-IPS paneltypes. Some examples are
Apple, Eizo, NEC and HP's more expensive models and this quite cheap LG
model. Costed me around 600 euro. Can't really say if it's good for
graphic production regarding colour accuracy since that's no big deal
for me but it's almost a uniform image from any viewing angle.

/Micke