USB-hub

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 28 15:30:50 CET 2008

Gert van Santen schreef:

> What is a good USB-hub for adding a mouse, a Tranzport, a
> controller keyboard plus a harddrive to a MacBook (with a 2x2
> MIDI-interface on the second port)?

I've got a USB-powered desktop fan that doubles as a four port USB hub,
costing €10, but I wouldn't recommend hooking up high-bandwidth or
high-power devices to it (which includes my Razer mouse, which is a bit
finicky even if it has its dedicated USB port). But it works well for my
keyboard and Zboard Fang gaming keyboard.

On the whole, you can connect keyboards and mice to a hub, but it's
probably a better idea to give high-bandwidth devices their dedicated
port on the computer itself.

In your case, though, with so few ports and two high-bandwidth devices,
that's going to be a challenge. PC laptops usually come with four ports. :)

- Peter