Murder In Miami

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 21 11:36:47 CET 2008

Hey Gert,
  Thanks for listening. :)  The piano piece is what inspired the entire
track, including the title.  I guess a more human feel would enhance the
sound so I will look into adding a bit of something to it.

  Your ears always pick up on things that mine cannot hear so tell me
where exactly you are hearing the pumping.  Is it on one particular
sound or the entire mix during the first half?

Regards,

Declan.

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Gert van
Santen
Sent: 21 November 2008 09:46
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: Murder In Miami

Gorman, Declan schreef:
> Hey guys,
>
>   Here's another new track titled Murder In Miami
> <http://degomusic.net/mp3/temp/dego_Murder_In_Miami.mp3> and it's
> another break from the norm.  Enjoy!

Really, really nice!!!!

Two ideas:

1. Compression does seem to do some unwanted pumping in the first
half on the track.
2. Although the piano theme in the first half is beautiful, it
feels very loud and motionless. Try to make the sound a bit more
lively, add a minimal bit of swing perhaps, or change velocities,
or add some filter (movement), or whatever.

Good stuff :-)

--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n