Shredding has reached the world of classical music...

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 3 20:12:43 CET 2008

2008/11/3 Tony Hardie-Bick <tony at entity.net>:
> Gert van Santen wrote:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuJrg_U8SNY&feature=related
>
> Hehee.... I think that's the Portsmouth Sinfonia on the sound track, which
> included, occasionally, Brian Eno on Oboe and Michael Nyman on cello. They were
> quite serious about "democratisiing music", it was kind of serious left-wing art
> for a while. The only qualification for entry was that you shouldn't be able to
> play your instrument.

Actually the rules were that 'everyone has to come for rehearsals and
people should try their best to get it right and not intentionally try
to play badly.', there was a mix of all abilites, from extremely
competent players to ones who had never picked up an instrument
before.

> There is a meddly, somewhere, including the William Tell
> Overture. Be afraid. Be very afraid :)))

That would be "Classical Muddley", their take on the 'hooked on
classics' concept of famous bits of classical music with a drum
machine beat:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLOs6b_e3Y

- Andy_R