My bands Music

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 27 20:53:15 CEST 2008

Paul Maddox schreef:
> Guys,
>
>  We've uploaded some more songs, I'd appreciate feedback and comments on the
> mixing and also song writing ;-
>
> http://TenFifty.cycast.de
>
>  I know when you're lying is a joint effort between Frank (guitarist) and
> myself
>  The other three are mine, I'm still new to writing rock songs and VERY new
> to writing lyrics, any suggestions for improvement would be very much
> appreciated.

Very nice, Paul, thanks for sharing.

* All in all, I would say good rock songs.
* The drums are sometimes not loud enough - or perhaps not
compressed well enough - and sound a bit weak because of that in
some parts. (3d and 4th song are better).
* Same for the vocals, which sound a bit weak, and are not always
very intelligible for "strangers".
* I think the guitars overpower the vocals. You might want to EQ
the guitars (less 2.0 kHz or somewhere around that area) so that
the vocals will have more space. You might want to add some 2.kHz
to the vocals (or somewhere around that).
* The vocals, and also the guitars, sometimes sound very
"rehearsal roomy". You might want to add some reverb, unless you
like that sound, of course.

Nice work!

--

:-)