live vid from friday's gig

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 21 23:42:58 CEST 2008

Thanks for all the nice words and the criticism.

the caravan setup is the idea of two guys from my home town, they call
it "Sozialpalast" (sozialpalast.de is their website) and it's the
thrid consecutive year they do something like this. The first year
they set up a little kitchen in a huge empty warehouse at the harbour,
where they put a few television sets and sold beer out of. about 20
meters behind the kitchen there was a living room where the bands
played, transmitted through the TV sets to the audience in front.

this year is the first with the caravan though, and I think it's the
best one yet. There is a cameraperson inside the caravan, the image is
projected onto the caravan. When you stand in front of it, you see the
real band perform inside through the windows, you see the projections,
and of course you can see the entire setup in front of whereeveer the
caravan is parked... it's really really cool to watch.

One nigth they had an 11 piece ska band jam inside the caravan for
about an hour -- with a cameraguy, trombones and drums... that caravan
seems much bigger inside than from the outside...;)

My electronics setup actually is Ableton Live and an Akai MPK 49
controller with a Mackie Onyx satellite as an audio interface. The
vocals are treated in Live as well. Sorry some of you don't like the
vocals -- tastes differ...;-)

We'll do another gig next friday (30th) in the caravan. This friday
we'll (http://resonator.de) be playing a live soundtrack for a silent
film in the south of Germany.

Kai