It's this time of the year...

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 21 13:17:23 CEST 2008

Niall,
  Dustin is a good representation of how much of a joke the Eurovision song contest is to the Irish public these days.  He is not much worse than the entries we sent in previous years.  Don't be surprised if they resurrect Johnny Logan to restore the faith. :0)

Regards,

Declan.

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org [mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Niall Munnelly
Sent: 21 May 2008 12:08
To: Music-bar
Subject: Re: It's this time of the year...

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 02:48:31PM +0100, Martin Naef wrote:
> Europe's popularity contest is on again. BBC has a nice overview of this
> year's hot contenders...
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7376968.stm

I'd like to apologize on behalf of Ireland for Dustin the
Turkey.  He was cat ten years ago and he's still cat now,
yet still on the TV.  Maybe it's because his hostess, Sinéad
Ní Churnáin, is cute enough.

Anyway, here's some more Eurovision, courtesy of Popbitch:

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/1K482b0f42acf88012.cde

--
Yours,
Niall.