Firewire PCI Cards

Bill Fox EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 21 05:03:37 CEST 2008

deeplfo wrote:
> Thanks guys.  Question: can you plug in a non-FW800 device into a
> FW800 card?  Or do you need a card that explicitly supports 400 and 800?
FW400 and FW800 sport different plugs.  Physically, they are shaped
differently and have a different pin count.  While a FW800 port will go
down in speed if need be, it still needs to connect to a FW800 device
using the proper plug afaik.  I am unaware of adapter cables between the
two types.  My uneducated guess is that wouldn't be kosher.

Cheers,

Bill