hang drum - nice instrument

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon May 19 19:08:18 CEST 2008

Andy Tarpinian wrote:
> Do you think they would do a m-bar group buy? :)

No.
It's something you could make yourself from an oil drum or two, maybe
two or three protos to get one that's ok. Pretty tough though. Lots of
banging and dinging, but looks like exactly the same idea as steel
drums. The gong like resonance, unlike a steel drum, I guess is through
experimenting with how to join the top to the bottom so it rings. I
wouldn't think it would sustain very well as a sealed saucer sitting on
your knee, but who knows?

Dunno. I can't be arsed making one just now ;)