pev party first pics (friday)

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 27 11:36:56 CET 2008

Hi Joost

Joost Schuttelaar wrote:
>> On a minor technical note: Joost, watch that exposure. EC is your best
>> friend (or RAW and/or Photoshop).
>
> What's with the exposure? Underexposed or overexposed? I'm using auto
> mostly ;) (with -1 exposure, I like black better than white) ;)

A lot of your images are underexposed. An extreme example:
http://www.joostschuttelaar.nl/pev/friday/Pages/16.html - there's almost
nothing above 50% in there. -1 EC would give you exactly that result...
;-) I wouldn't go below -1/3 with your gallery - that should give enough
safety margin to avoid blown highlights. Most DSLRs seem to meter on the
safe side anyway.

While dark might be your chosen style, it's not consistent across the
gallery. Auto mode is good, but I find that I always end up tweaking
anyway - so I just shoot RAW format to give me the full editing options.

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch