talking about Jean Michel Jarre...

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 26 15:13:39 CET 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 7:15 AM, Martin Naef wrote:

>> One other thing I would like to mention, is, that JMJ certainly
>> wasn?t worth the money I paid. 102 euros for some 90 minutes of
>> music. The Cure was 34 euros for 3 hours and 15 minutes of much more
>> exciting stuff.
>
> JMJ was the typical "classic music" rate. Given the special nature of
> the show, I didn't mind the price so much. I wouldn't compare it
> against
> a typical stadium rock concert.

I just saw Pink Martini a couple weeks ago, and they would be
considered the classical rate, but as it turns out it has as much to
do with the venue as anything. They were playing at Avery Fisher Hall
in Lincoln Center for around $100 one night, but my girlfriend got us
tix for the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark for around $60
the next ;)