JMJ

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 17 23:24:48 CET 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 3:46 PM, Martin Naef wrote:
> But reading reports from the old bands like Tangerine Dream, it seems
> that they constantly fought against tuning issues. And everybody
> seemed
> very keen to adopt the digital synths - so they obviously addressed a
> real need, and tuning was mentioned as one of these more than once...

I attended TD once here in Vienna in the Konzerthaus.

The soundcheck was shaking the entire building and it's not a
particular small one:
http://konzerthaus.at/kh/d/0305_gs.asp

Admittedly I can't remember of tuning problems, just huge modular
synths (Moog & Roland System 700) and strangly distorted guitars.

> I don't think tuning got much worse with age, if maintained properly.

aging components is the main problem I's guess ... thirty years ago
the rechnology was young but the components were not as sophisticated
but new nevertheless ;-)

--
keep your ears open: http://blauwurf.at