Looking for a reverb?

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Mar 15 17:55:19 CET 2008

punkdISCO wrote:
> Flip! What was it originally?

List was about ?1600, although one would typically find it around ?1000+.

> Do you think it would really make a different to your average
> dance/electronic track?  Obviously your classical stuff is a little more
> sophisticated than your average electro track.

I think it does. Reverb is one of the effects that can "open up" sounds.
A good one will do it without cluttering the mix, a bad one will sound
obvious. When I mastered Micke's track, I felt that the reverb - even if
it was only a slight touch - made a huge difference. Like this example,
I hear a lot of mixes that have this claustrophobic quality - a sure
sign of the lack of quality reverb...

> I would love a TC reverb but things like the PowerCore DSP boxes would suit
> my way of working better..

Well, you can get the same algorithms for the PowerCore - so that works
just as well...

Bye
Martin