Direct Note Access

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 12 23:03:45 CET 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Andrew Robinson wrote:

> This is going to have crazy implications for sampling. Never mind an
> infintely editable recording of you playing chords, how about an
> infinitely editable recording of a Hendrix solo?

that's exactly what I was just thinking. It will be interesting to see
at what point it breaks, like if you wanted to take an orchestra
recording and re-write it to suit your needs, and if it does anything
cool when it breaks :)

Record companies may have just peed themselves as this puts a whole
new spin on needing to get rights for samples.