Korg DS-10?

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 12 15:55:11 CET 2008

If that was solid, that would be the ticket.  I can see playing with a
couple DS-10s, P3, a small controller, and a laptop for loops and
processing. Unfortunately it looks like most of the hardware midi interfaces
are no longer available.  I have a distrust for wireless, especially live.

A couple of DS Lites is $260 US and a couple bits of the software is $90.
So, for $350 you have two tiny battery powered live performance thingees. In
fact, for another $160 you could even have one extra just for backup.
However, that brings up the question, how robust are these going to be.  The
fact that they are designed to be beat on by kids means they might actually
be pretty robust.  On the other hand...

Intriguing, definitely intriguing.

James R. Coplin