Mail.app Woes

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 12 01:27:52 CET 2008

Hello,
since today's lunch time (GMT, roughly) I'm fighting with an
inresponsive mailer on my Mac.
"All of a sudden" so to speak.
I'm connecting to 4 accounts via IMAP/SSL (993).
This happens with Mail.app under 10.5 while Seamonkey (IMAP/SSL) under
10.4 on an older Mac seems to be fine.
I'm pretty sure that I didn't change any of the configuration settings
of Mail.app (which are straight forward anyway).
I suspected SSL (993) so I switched to plain IMAP (143) but this didn't
help.
I installed Thunderbird and this is working fine.
I connected to my IMAP account on the university and Thunderbird is
doing fine while Mail.app fails again.
So it's probably not my provider to blame.

I'm trying to track down what's going on or where's the problem.
Any other reports like this one?
Any clues?

Thanks a lot, Michael.

--