SV: Its been a week...

Søren Knudsen EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 11 10:55:11 CET 2008

> > Well, anyways. If people are interested in tabletop computing and
> multi-touch
> > and tangible computing in relation to this, my thesis could be a good
> place
> > to start. Another excellent intro is Bill Buxton's (principal
> researcher
> > at microsoft research) site:
> >
> > http://www.billbuxton.com/multitouchOverview.html
>
> One of the cooler things I saw at last week's Microsoft Mix08
> conference was their touch screen OS.  They had two screens the size of
> a small coffee table, and the touch screen technology and the things
> you could do were amazing.  One demo had a bunch of pictures on the
> screen and you could use your hands to manipulate the prints as if they
> were real, shuffling them, moving them, etc.  Cool stuff.

That would be Microsoft Surface right?

Which has been shown on http://www.microsoft.com/surface/ for about a year
now...?

And, should btw be 'just around the corner'. I spoke to a Microsoft advisor
(Eric Rudder) in late November who said that they were producing 1.000.000
pieces in cooperation with OEM partners to hit the market in Q1 or Q2 '08.
How close this was or is to reality I really can't say.

/S?ren