Good Day

Larry Pham EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Mar 8 04:09:44 CET 2008

Gert van Santen wrote:
> Larry Pham schreef:
>
>> The day has come and it's a good one :)
>> After selling my Virus TI, I was able to find these 3 beauties.
>> http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/larrypham/x0x.jpg
>>

>> Each box came from different people and the 303 was from a friend of
>> mine. The guy who had the 606 turns out to a friend of the guy who I got
>> the 303 from and the craziest of chance meetings was from the guy who I
>> bought the 202 from. I have no connection to him at all however, this
>> guy's studio was any analog synth lover's dream. I stood in awe amoung
>> his Arp 2600, Jupiter 8, Jupiter 6, MKS80, 808, CR8000, Oberheim OB-1,
>> Oscar, Prophet VS, a bunch others and oh yeah, A Synthi VCS4 and Synthi
>> A with matching keyboard! He even had some really crazy analog effects
>> which I have never even heard of.
>>
>> He was a really nice guy and he let me jam with him for a few hours. I
>> told him it would be criminal to not record any of this since he has
>> never recorded/released anything so I agreed to come by next week and
>> work on some tracks with him :)
>>

> Great story, Larry - and nice picture :-)

Thanks Gert. I have bought and sold gear locally for years and going to
other people's house to pick up the gear is always part of the fun.
Sometimes they are complete jerks but sometimes they are really cool. In
this case, the guy with the analogs was really nice and there may be a
new track coming from the meeting.