New Record

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 4 12:26:51 CET 2008

Martin Naef schreef:
> Tom, Tony,
>
> Tom Davies wrote:
>>> Or is it just me because I haven't upgraded to an eight-core monster yet?
>> Since I upgraded to a Core2Duo 13 months ago, I've come nowhere near
>> maxing out my machine. In fact, my most intense projects barely hit 50%
>> on the CPU meter. This wasn't some monster CPU, it was the E6400, which
>> was, at the time, the second one up from the bottom. The whole machine
>> cost under ?550.
>
> Ok, I take this as a hint that I should consider ditching my current
> setup...

Since I use a Core2Duo for my work PC
(translations, Photoshop, some audio and
sequencing tasks), everything is very
fast, especially starting up software.
Wow! I did, however, have to upgrade to
3 GB RAM, because I have some 7-10
programmes open all day, and with
Photoshop often being one of them, less
just doesn't cut it.

Also Kristin's Core2Duo Macbook (2.2.
GHZ) with 2 GB RAM is an excellent
machine for Ableton Live and Logic 8
with lots of plugs and aufdio.
Included in the Logic 8 box were some
demo tracks that were filled to the brim
with plugs and audio and effects. I
could never have thought that sort of
thing would be possible on my older
machines, but everything is playing