Software vs. Hardware

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 26 22:30:06 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Matt Picone <matman at mysticworks.com> wrote:
> Jay Vaughan wrote:
>
> nonononono.
>
> I want a panel like that on a real hw synth. Dedicated/modally mappable knobs and sliders for font size, leading, zoom, etc. And a BIG KNOB or two...
>
> The wacom buttons just suck.

I would suspect that as multi-touch displays replace keyboards and
mice, you will get what your looking for (mostly).

I can imagine an inclined multi-touch display replacing the PC
keyboard in the years to come.  You will still have the big display,
but you can bring text to it (for example) to edit directly (or a
photo, or a mix console, or a cad drawing...).  The control surface
will be dynamic with the application being used.

Tony

Tony