Re Mix - Questions

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 24 12:23:21 CEST 2008

> 1)    Shall I turn off all the EQ/compression for the tracks.
>
> 2)    Shall I turn off any effects (delay / reverb)
>
> 3)    Or, do you want it so putting the tracks into a sequencer, it will
> then sound 100% like my version?

Turn off any effects that were mixing decisions, leave any that were
sound design decisions. For example, if you got that snare sound by
getting your cat to sneeze into a guitar amp, pitched it down 2
octaves and gated it, then you eq-ed it to work with the kick, I'd
want to be working with the pre-eq version, not a pristine
cat-catchoo.

As for arrangement, there's no need to strip silence, just run the
whole of each channel out to wav or aiff, then zip or flac them, file
compression will preserve the length of the silences without wasting
oodles of megabytes on them, and we can expand at our end to get your
original arrangement back.

If you;re after a new arrangment, or a remix as opposed to just a mix
or mastering you want, then give us all your out-takes, offcuts and
bits that didn't fit your arrangement too.

- Andy_R