Firefox !! ftw !!

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 23 11:42:04 CEST 2008

On Jun 23, 2008, at 11:28 AM, James Green wrote:

>>> 50-70 tabs ... !!!!
>>>
>>> And your complaining about increased load ...
>>
>> I'm aware of that ;-)
>> As I said: "but this is what I also did all the time with FF2 on he
>> same machine with the same configuration."
>>
>> I'm trying to point out that it got worse with FF3!  ;-)
>
> I expect new versions of applications to use more resources, a new
> version usually means new features, or at least more code (more /
> larger
> functions doing more heavy lifting) in addition to some streamlining
> on
> existing stuff and bug fixes.

well ... so the performance improvements are just meant to compensate
the extra load of the new features?

> But really, do you actually need that many tabs open all the time?  I
> don't see the point, that's what bookmarks / favourites and the
> awesome
> bar are for ...

about 10 tabs are constantly open ... I keep flicking through them.
But I really can't say anything against your argument - I'm afraid
that's just my cluttered nature :-/

--
noise chaser: http://blauwurf.at   <-- new piece online!