UMPC music apps

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jun 21 23:01:59 CEST 2008

> I got eeeeeeectl (fan speed, brightness, 3 clock speeds), but do I
> need
> to change the BIOS too?

Yup.  100%.

> I've not played with it much, but I did notice
> temps rising when I selected overclocking, but not much advantages..

You gotta do it, it makes the difference.  Check out the BIOS page on
the aforementioned wiki, yo ...

> I am chuffed with the little thing, even though the assembly shows
> many
> flaws; The perforated speaker grills under the main grills are very
> wonky, but you can only see that in certain lights and the keyboard on
> this one doesn't seem fixed in right and is warped or bowed slightly..
> lax or no QA..

If only you put linux on it, we'd be in different conversational
territory already.  All the flaws aside, the thing absolutely oozes
linux content.

> For now, Fruity Poops 6 and a very old version of Cakewalk or Cubase
> will do. I think I still have Cubase 1 somewhere.

Put Cakewalk 4.0 on it (DOS) and make me an image, and I swear we'll
be best friends for life ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan