Até Mais, Lisbon

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jun 14 18:05:43 CEST 2008

Peter Korsten wrote:
> The thing is, there are a lot of things happening in Europe that distort
> the market. Mostly, we're talking about artificial boundaries, permits,
> all that sort of thing that particularly Italy is good at, with layer

The trouble is, though, that in too many cases the "remedy" is to
replace government monopolies with private oligopolies - at best. This
is particularly true for infrastructure where it just doesn't make any
sense to have more than one physical provider. With the ever increasing
difference between the rich and the average person, no wonder people are
suspicious against a treaty that seems to put even more power into the
hands of international mega-corporations where we have absolutely no
control. Now whether rejecting this particular treaty makes any
difference here, I don't know.

Martin