Re: Até Mais, Lisbon

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jun 14 12:31:01 CEST 2008

On 14. Jun 08, at 10:42 , Peter Korsten wrote:

> So what exactly was wrong with the Constitution, and with the Lisbon
> Treaty? Could you point out what proposed changes to the EU's
> structure
> and functioning you didn't like?

Yes I can.

there are things written into the constitution and the reform treaty
that are just outrageous. neoliberal economy is the grand standard for
the EU. nothing is allowed that "distorts the market". Then member
countries sign that they will increase their military armament. Then
there is something that is truely incredible: the deathpenalty. Only
in certain cases (during war or the danger of war (wtf?? does that
include war on terror?), riots and revolutions.

What's worse is that the EU-council can decide over the death-penalty
in such times and this surely isn't the most democratically legitmated
part of the EU...

The part abot the neo-liberal economy was one of the main reasons that
France and the Netherlands rejected the EU-constitution. Almost the
exact same wording is used now in the reform treaty. This smacks of
undemocratic bullshit. Now German politicians are saying how
undemocratic it is, that only 53 percent of less than one percent of
the EU-population voted against the treaty -- instead of thinking
about how undemocratic it is to shove a constitution down our throats
that has been renamed, relabled and made less readable -- but rejected
by two major member countries of the EU...

I think there might be valuable things inside the reform treaty/
constitution for the years to come. But why is there so much Lobby-
bullshit, why the deathpenalty and why the rearmament?

If they would have more referendums I think many many more countries
would reject the treaty. They don't ask us. For a good reason...!

Kai