Até Mais, Lisbon

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jun 14 01:11:04 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:45:14AM +0200, Peter Korsten wrote:

> Referendums suck because they are, almost by definition, a conservative
> tool. Safer to vote 'no' if you don't really know what it's about.

That's an interesting way to look at it.  I'd see it as a
handy tool for rejecting a change that, while not
substantially different from previously rejected
propositions, has been presented as a mess of supersedures
and obfuscations buried in three documents, rather than one.

If one doesn't know what it's about, that's not necessarily
the fault of the voting public.  Of course, there's also the
informed voter who simply refuses to support the treaty.

I wonder what will happen next.

--
Yours,
Niall.