On this WWDC day

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 11 00:25:17 CEST 2008

2008/6/10 Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>:
> Andy Tarpinian schreef:
>> and what is so impressive about say the E61i over the iPhone? I'm
> The keyboard. It's full QWERTY.

so is the iphone's... and I'm willing to bet the autocorrection is
streets ahead on the iphone.

> My E61i was definitely more expensive than the iPhone 2 is...

hard to compare like with like, given the differing contracts, but the
E61i looks to be the same price here as the original iphone, and
that's with a limited download not the unlimited iphone package.

> ... the
> typical smartphone corporate customer just goes to the mobile operator
> that gives him the best deal, whether that includes Apple or Nokia or
> RIM or whatever.

Well, I don't know if this is true outside the UK, but the only
operator that gives unlimited data is the one selling the iphone,
therefore the one with the best deal is the one that has them.

> I think that Apple still doesn't understand the mobile market, and
> definitely not the mobile market in Europe.

I couldn't disagree more, Apple know exactly what they are doing, and
they cleverly leveraged the iphone exclusivity deals to force the
operators to play ball.

- Andy_R