On this WWDC day

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 10 19:51:39 CEST 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Andrew Robinson wrote:

> The big problem is that everyone else can't get into the beta
> programme.
>
> The sdk is a free download, but to actually get an app out of the
> sdk's simulator and onto the phone requires paying Apple $99 to get on
> the real beta programme... but Apple are refusing to take anyone's
> $99, meaning the lucky few who have got in have a huge headstart on
> developing apps.

There has got to be a point, when the iPhone OSX reaches "platform"
status when apple opens it all up, heres hoping for that day.

> In other less well reported news, AT&T have announced that the deal
> for the new iPhones doesn't include a usage kickback to Apple.

hence the cheaper iPhone price, AT&T is eating the cost, we are back
to discounting phone costs based on contracts. Not that there was a
choice anyway, apparently this makes it so you have to activate the
phone in store - to try and cut down on jail-breaking...